No Story Lives Forever

No Story Lives Forever
Broken

tisdag 10 december 2019

Six years of my life through songs

Everyone posted their Spotify-wrapped results the 5th of December when they became official and I think it's cute to see what other people listen to because music is so personal and it really tells a lot about the person.

But if you go through all your Sporify-wrapped, it tells you more information than just 2019's most listened songs.

I've had Spotify since 2010, and in my case, the Spotify wrapped showed me also the most listened song of all years.

2010


Most listened song: Europa by Globus
Most listened artist: Globus (lol surprise)

During 2010 I was reaally into World War II and Europa is a song that basically narrates all wars Europe has been through in a really cool way (I suggest listening to that song, it's still one of my favourites). I dreamt of performing with this song, dressed in military clothes and waving around with a gun. Doesn't all 15-year old girls dream of similar things? Just me? Ok.


2011


Most listened song: River Flows in You by Yiruma
Most listened artist: Idina Menzel

Ooh, River Flows in You is a piano solo song, and a really beautiful one. Like, dance to this on your wedding- beautiful, and I listened alot to it that spring of 2011. Yes, I also listen to piano songs because you gotta chill from your waving with guns-songs, jeez.
Idina Menzel is actually the voice and singer of Elsa from Frozen, but I knew her from the musical Wicked, which was my obsession during 2011. I listened so much to the soundtrack of that musical, and because Idina Menzel had the main part as the main character, she became the one I listened to the most.


2012-2016 I had a conjoined account with my dad (before he kicked me out and bought me a new one because he didn't want our Spotify to recommend metal songs to him anymore and GOD it was embarrassed when he checked the history and saw certain songs I had listened to jesus christ no dad i'm not crazy those songs about women in mental institutions are just for inspiration - i mean, no - it's just art!)


2016


Most listened song: God of Drow
Most listened artist: Nightwish

God of Drow is a dramatic instrumental orchestral piece that make my non-existing balls shrivel, okay? Just listen to it. Ah. Shivers. So good. SO. GOOD!!
And Nightwish. Self explanatory. Best band ever.


2017


Most listened song: Swashbuckler and the Fair Maiden
Most listened artist: Nightwish

Swasbuckler and the Fair Maiden is another instrumental orchestral piece, that is not at the least as dramatic as the previous year's fav, but it's none the less very, VERY inspiring and makes me smile.
And yeah, Nightwish. Nuff said.


2018


Most listened song: Ready as I'll ever be
Most listened artist: Nightwish

Okay, OKAY, here's the tea! Ready as I'll ever be is a song from the Disney animated series of Rapunzel. You know, princess with long hair? After their feature movie with her they made an animated series, which I've never seen in its enterity, but they have THIS ONE??? PERFECT?? SONG???!! Ready as I'll ever be is the song the villain sings before he attacks the city and villain songs are soo good and aaargh I listened this song on far to menay repeats for my own good

And Nightwish again :D


2019


Most listened song: Yggdrasil by Brothers of Metal
Most listened artist: Sabaton

Yggdrasil was a song I used to listen at repeat on while writing the play that had its premiere in May 2019, and though the song had nothing to do with the story or the theme of the play, but I imagined the main character singing to this song. Dunno why. I like the song!

And Nightwish got kicked of its throne (well, it's second most listened now lol) by Sabaton, which is a great band that I saw live this August.
I love Sabaton very very much!



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar