No Story Lives Forever

No Story Lives Forever
Broken

lördag 21 december 2019

The Loss of a Dog

Have you ever had a dog?

If you do have, have you also lost a dog?

I lost my family's dog in September. She was old, and had quickly advanced cancer, and she was in so, so much pain that putting her down was basically the only right thing to do. My parents did everything to save her. They spent thousands of euros on medicine and expensive surgeries.

In just five months our lovely dog turned into a shell, and it was heartbreaking to watch her suffer.

She was like my mum's third child. And I know, comparing a dog to a human is silly, but it is necessary. They took her everywhere with them. They even went to Crete (island in the Mediterranian) with our dog in the spring, when she still was healthy.

It's Christmas in a few days, and as a present for my parents I bought a custom painting of our dog. It's the most money I've spent on a present ever, but I felt like I had to. The painting is soo beautiful, and just looking at it tears me up but I'm also so happy because it looks so real.

So, it's not going to be "fun" to give that present to mum and dad because I know mum will probs cry, but then they'll have a wonderful painting of Nelli in their living room and it's so beautiful that hopefully that'll cover some of the loss.

And they're getting a new puppy in January!!!! So now Nelli can watch over the puppy, Molly, from the painting.


Silly I know.

But when you're grieving you do what you gotta do


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar