No Story Lives Forever

No Story Lives Forever
Broken

tisdag 7 maj 2019

Acting with teenagers part 1

!!!Straight continuation from the last post!!!

When I started working at the drama school in 2014  the oldest teenager was three years younger than me, so not that much younger, and when I got fired in 2018 the oldest teenager was six years younger than me.

I wasn't bothered at all at the fact that the age gaps were bigger during the later years. It was fun anyways.

IT. WAS. ALWAYS. FUN

The teenagers had such a drive that I craved, a drive that actually, in some way, stopped me from growing up. I  believe that I kept a lot of my childness, creativity and teenage-y way of behaving because I was working with sixteen years old. I'm not bothered at that fact. I believe I will stay this way until I die. My children are going to be so embarrassed of their mum hehe.

Anyways, there are two kinds of teenagers.

1) The quiet and insecure teenager.
I got sometimes frustrated at these teens, because they were the opposite of me. My co-worker and I pondered many times why those teens were here?! Why would you come to acting school if your body language and voice and every action tells everyone you're too scared of acting? Of course we smiled and laughed with them, but after they went home we gave each other "that stare" thinking  what the fuck that girl did here. Now, there weren't many cases like this, and usually they stopped attending after one year.

2) The bubbly teenager
Teenagers the like of me. These were teens eagerly telling about their day, jumping onto every game we had, teens wanting to do acting! And, if I'm allowed to be selfish, these kids were those who liked me. The silent teens were mostly intimidated by me, while these teens cherished me.

While I had to censor myself for the kids, I could be myself with the teens.

More on that in the next post, because I'm way too tired to continue writing :p

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar