No Story Lives Forever

No Story Lives Forever
Broken

tisdag 21 maj 2019

One favourite character



Back in the days, on the website Deviantart, the users used to make "favourite character"-sheets, which were all wonderful and made me wish I had the energy and true interest to pursue in drawing for real.

I have for closer to ten years wished to make a character sheet myself, but I can't put myself into the work. So I figured out, that because I've got this mindspace on the internet (because who uses Deviantart today anyways?) I'd do my own version here.

And tbh, I think this fav character-version is less cringy that reading 15-year old mine shit.

But after writing this I realized I have no time to make a spacious list (like I imagined), so I decided to do only one character.



Chloe Price 
(Life is Strange and Life is strange: Before the storm)
Bildresultat för chloe price

I got introduced to her in 2015 where she was the second main character in the game franchise "Life is strange", and GOD, this is how you write a fleshed out, damn great character. The best thing is that we can game as her in the second game "Before the Storm", and get the clues that led to her being the way she is.

Chloe is the example of what a neglected child becomes. Chloe is this badass woman, with a huge amount of bagagge, which is ever so delicatly sprinkled throughout the game(s). And we love a lesbian too (I get so exited for characters of sexual minorities).

SPOILERS! What perfectly finished her arc off is the fact that we (gaming as the main character, Max) have to choose between sacrificing her or sacrificing the citizens of a town. If we choose to let her die by gunshots, we live with guilt, if we choose to save her, leave the town to be destroyed, we live with guilt. There's no good option. Someone might analyze (or it's actually pretty obvious) that Chloe is destined to die. It's just me who's too weak to let her die lol

Ah.

I love a well written character, driving the train of angst.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar