No Story Lives Forever

No Story Lives Forever
Broken

söndag 18 februari 2018

"haunted girl"


This picture here is an acrylic painting I painted when I was an eight grader (14y old). I painted this in school, at an art lesson, and I remember the teacher being so mesmerized, so impressed by this painting that she hung it up on the wall for weeks and weeks and asked all her seventh grade classes which feelings this painting radiates.

She later told me that the seventh graders had answered that this painting radiates sorrow.

I got the highest score for this painting, a pure 10 (out of 10) for it.

I still wonder why she gave me such a high score for it. Maybe she was impressed that a girl my age could comprehend such feelings and was able to transform them into a painting?
Hadn't she seen anything like this before? That would be weird, I mean, feeling like the worst piece of shit ever is not that unusual for teenagers. Hadn't just anyone communicated these feelings into the outer world?

Was the 10 on a paper her way of saying: "It's gonna be okay"?

Or was her grading just an objective fact that I was a skilled painter?


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar