No Story Lives Forever

No Story Lives Forever
Broken

onsdag 14 november 2018

Dreams and unfinished bucketlists

I still have more to talk about regarding last post. I said I grieve the dream of having a certain type of teenage that never came true. Yes, I truly grieve this dream. I grieve more dreams that never has become true.

One of them is connected to the emo phase of mine. I've never had piercings in my face. And I regret it. I truly regret that I never plead and begged my parents enough for them to let me pierce my face. I regret that I didn't, as I turned 18, walk into a piercing studio and got something done. Why, you may ask?

Because piercings are SO heavily connected to the teenage, that an adult with piercings wouldn't be taken as seriously as someone without piercings. It sucks that society is formed that way, it truly sucks. If I now got a piercing done in my lip, everyone would a) think I'm 14 b) think I'm a punk that never wants to grow up (partly true tho).

That's why I'm sad I never got a piercing when I was a teenager. I may pierce my toungue though, get a web piercing. A web piercing is located under the toungue (google it).

On the topics of piercings, I still hesitate on my tattoos. I don't have tattoos yet, but I know that I will not die with a clear skin. Before I die, I will get tattooed. I have two ideas, both of which I've wanted for many years. So I know I won't regret them, and the only, the ONLY thing that's keeping me back is this... fear that, if I ever want to pursue the dream of becoming an actor, will the tattoos keep me from getting employed? ARGH!

Why am I so hesitant? I grieve that I never got pierced, and I grieve that my will to get tattooed is risking my dream to become an actor and....

Why is it so damn difficult to get body modifications without fearing others, future and current work companions see you as a lesser, different person?

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar