No Story Lives Forever

No Story Lives Forever
Broken

måndag 12 november 2018

Hehe me rambling about dressing up #emo

Fyi, I deleted the last post. Didn't like it. 

But I want to talk about the term "emo" for a while now, thanx. You see, that term, or label rather, has ment a deal for me.

We have to go back to the times of 2007 when being emo was the equal of being cool. Hella lot of teenagers were emo in the 2000s, and having piercings was the norm. I wanted to become one of those teenages soo bad when I was a child, and daydreamed of listening to angsty Finnish emometal together with my equally emo friends outside some S-market.

That never happened ofc. And as a grown up, I've come to grieve this dream that never came true. I never had friends that was the same like me, and the dream of "hanging around like lousy teenagers and being rebels in the society" never happened. My friends  were to kind-hearted to become rebels.

So to the internet I went and found myself drawn to the emo communities online. I looked up to the teenage girls in USA who had really cool user names. In Emo and Scene (which is another subculture similar to emo) cultures popular girls were called Queens and boys were Kings. So you could be called a Scene Queen or Emo Queen. And they had their Queen names, which were usually a mix of their own with something sinister. Kiki Kannibal, Amber on Fire, Amber is Dead, Hannah Hacksaw, Aida Kamikaze, and ofc the famous Leda Monsterbunny.

I wanted to become them sooo much! I wanted to become a Queen. But to become a Queen one had to colour their hair, tease the hell out of it, and use hair extensions, all of which damage the hair enormoulsy. My hair is thin and fair, and I knew what my hair would be ruined if I did what was required. So I didn't.

Emo culture is heavily conjoined with emo music. To this category belonged post hardcore rockbands usually with a male singer singing about failed romance and stuff. I never actually listened to this kind of music, as I went straight to the metal pit with heavier riff than these bands ever produced.

I sometimes listen to emo music nowadays, it's fun to have a change, and the songs are tote okay too!

So because I was more influented by metal music, I wanted to turn goth instead! I never went truly goth but I still indentify myself with that sub culture.

Which leads us to the final question: Do I at all want to label myself when it comes to the way I dress. The truth, no, but I like to see myself as alternative. There's so many cool alternative models out there that I follow, and while I never became neither emo nor goth, but something in between, I feel like alternative is a good label to have.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar