No Story Lives Forever

No Story Lives Forever
Broken

torsdag 20 december 2018

Once I was the culprit, now I'm the authority

A very strange feeling occured to me this week. In the school I'm working in there's been a case of bullying and out of all the teachers in school, I was the one to talk to the student we suspected was behind the naughty things.

It felt very weird doing this talk. When I came up to him and asked him to join me in another room a flash of sheer confusion and suspicion flashed over his face, but he agreed. No defiance, no questioning, he just accepted his fate. He surrendered to me.

I wont go into further details of this case, but it was so weird being this one authority a person who's actually of age surrenders to. I've always had this authority in me, as a born leader, but now it occured to me that even this person, who's done some naughty stuff, believes in me as an authority and trusts in me as one.

I've also been the kid on the other side. The one getting scolded by authority for unaccaptable things, the one surrendering to teachers. I know how it feels, and maybe that's why this case is so three dimensional to me.

I've been the culprit and now I'm the authority.

This is probably what they call growth.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar