No Story Lives Forever

No Story Lives Forever
Broken

onsdag 20 november 2019

A little snippet of my text

Let me share a little snippet that I like quite much from the story I'm just about to finish! I'm currently writing the final chapter (chapter 16) and then it's finished and I'll edit the final four chapters before uploading them to the site I'm using and THEN I can focus on my Master Thesis lololol

I won't however write the character names out (I'm for some reason embarrassed by showing the character names even though I haven't made them up myself), but we have J, S and C, all fourteen years old. J and S are boys, C is a girl.

“I won’t ever be able to forgive myself if J dies”, S said, staring in front of him. “I should have been able to figure out that someone might want to ruin the conference. I should have been able to hear whoever it was that shot us. I should have been able to find out a way for us to escape. But I didn’t. And that lightning – “
S, don’t beat yourself up”, C said. “It’s also my fault. I should have taken this more seriously; I should have known –“
“I’ve tried, C! I’m this close to just throw the bombs away and just do nothing, but they’ll know”, S hissed. “And I – I can’t stop thinking about him. How he’s alone there in that cold cell, like some animal ready to be butchered. I can’t stop myself, C, and it hurts! It hurts everywhere.”
“It hurts me too –“
“No, you don’t get it”, S yelled, and his voice was rapidly picking up sound level. His thoughts spun around in his head and he felt sick. “He is – we were supposed to – I get that he’s your friend, but to me… he is my boyfr –  hell, I love him!”
His puberty voice cracked at the final line like a stick snapping and his loud voice echoed in the valley.

There are less stressful ways to come out of the closet tho, poor little S.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar