No Story Lives Forever

No Story Lives Forever
Broken

onsdag 27 november 2019

Teaching kids

I've been teaching 10 year old kids the last week and this, and let me tell you, it is.... weird.


Like, the actual lesson/teaching thingy is hell of a lot easier than teaching to those 16-19 year olds that I'm used to (I was a teacher last year). Then, I could spend quite some time making lesson plans. Here, I'm basically opening the book 5 minutes before the lesson starts and quickly check whatever I even will talk about and then the kids arrive and I start talking.

The actual "having lessons" part is easy peasy. But the real challenge is getting the difficult children to keep themselves on topic. You have to be present in a whole another way when teaching for kids than when teaching to independent youngsters. It's hard to explain, but a 45 min lesson takes as much energy as a 75 min lesson for teenagers, but it's a lot different.

I'm not sure if I like it. I love talking in front of the class and have the lesson, but my god, kids need the adult so present that it basically annoys me.

It is a difficult class. Every teacher here gives me sympathetic smiles and probably thinks "luckily it's not me" and the head master said that it is the most challenging class in the whole school. The class has two difficult students. Only two. And those two is all that take to bring the whole class down in a downward spiral.

So my job is to redirect those kids as much as possible, before things spiral out of hand. They can be violent, too.

But I think I've done a good job. They listen for the most times. I've got their respect. I once shouted at one of them because I was so goddamn tired at their fuckery, but otherwise, I think they like me.

I mean, teaching is fun.

But I don't like teaching to children that much.

But who knows, maybe I could work as a teacher for kids for a year or so, if I turned out unemployed and this was the only solution.



Other than teaching kids, I'm still writing my story. I'm currently at 75k words and it's almost hilarious how fast I've spit out this story. It took me almost a year to write my 110k word original fiction story (Children of a Murderer), but this fanfic comes like diarrhea out of my fingers and brain, and those 75k is from less than two months. Lol. And I'm writing my other play by the side of this, so my brain is very occupied, sadly at the expense of this blog and I hate that I only upload once a week, when I want it to be every three days :(

I'll try <3


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar