No Story Lives Forever

No Story Lives Forever
Broken

fredag 31 augusti 2018

"The children of a murderer"

Fun fact about me is that I've written a whole ass novel. 100 000+  words. If you don't know how much that is, let me tell you, it's a lot. I got it all printed out (and designed by a student) so it actually is a physical book. Did cost me like 37€ but hey, I've created a book!? An urban fantasy novel.

The novel itself was an eternity project for me, as I came up with the first version when I was just about eleven or twelve. It was finished when I was... 19? Rewritten at least three times. The only thing that still stands with the original version to the version that is now printed is one character. The murderer.

She was once the main character, but now she's turned into a main side character, as the story doesn't revolve around her (but it does on a more abstract level).

She, the murderer, was the murderer of my teenage years. Oh, how I wrote gorey scenes with limbs getting chopped off, and throats getting slit and parents crying by their childrens' graves. I could make a whole post about my obsession with blood, but that's for later.

In its current adult version (and not some cringy teenage version) most of the gorey scenes are cut. The feeling is more gloomy, the feeling of wrongness instead of slashing action. It suites it. And me.

That is my strenght. To tell stories. Through text, through acting, through drawing, it doesn't matter. I'm a storyteller.

Now and always.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar