No Story Lives Forever

No Story Lives Forever
Broken

söndag 6 januari 2019

Fantastic Fanfictions

I hate that among the common public Fanfictions have a bad reputations. Okay, yes, there are bad ones circling around grotesque sex acts and other idiotic topics, but there are so many wonderful Fanfictions out there, with such high quality.

I'll talk about two FF:s in this post. The first one is called Seven Pieces of Chalk. I read it in 2010 or 2011 the first time, and boy, was it a fantastic reading experience. The lenght of Seven Pieces of Chalk is 80 000 words, and thats as long as a fucking novel. A whole ass novel.

The story is pretty basic, a boy, Arthur, attend a new school and find out that another students has committed suicide some time earlier and this new friends are shattered with guilt. Everyone blames themselves. Arthur decides to find out what the reason for the suicide was, and it's a whole different case than one would think.

It was sooo good! I cried at the end.

This story has ment a GREAT deal for me. I've reread it many times. Just after I met my fiancé, I read it out loud for him everytime he was at my house as a good night tale. I read a 80 000 word long story for him out loud, because I wanted to give him the same thing the story gave me.

It didn't end there. I actually rewrote the whole fanfiction into a play in... 2016? After I've reread my play I realise it's not as good as it can be, and sometimes in the future, I will rewrite it into a better play. I had dreams of actually executing the play with the teenagers I worked with in 2016 but I didn't dare to actually ask and pursue my boss about this. It would've been a really heavy chunk of story to digest for some of the teenages, and the story was maybe too raw for some of them. I even made a cast list for my own enjoyment.

The second story is called Dirty Laundry. I read it this December, and it was fantastic. The premisse was also pretty basic, where this one guy, L, is bisexual and accidentally proves to his mum he'll bring home a boyfriend over Christmas. He doesn't have a boyfriend, and pays his rival K to act as his boyfriend during two weeks over Christmas.

K falls in love with him during these two weeks, but hides it.  L is also interestered in him, but doesn't recorgnize the feelings.

This fanfiction is also over 80 000 words long, with great plot twists, discussion about cultural differences and growing up as a foster child vs growing up in a loving family with many siblings. And homosexuality.

That story would be soo good as a TV-series. Skam, hit the wall, Dirty Laundry would be as good or even better if executed correctly.

I just love both of these stories so much. Both of them are awesome in their own way.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar