No Story Lives Forever

No Story Lives Forever
Broken

onsdag 23 januari 2019

Homesick to a time period

Do you know the feeling of being homesick to a time period in your life? It's a feeling stronger than nostalgia, it's like you want to relive small snippets of that time period again.

I have during this past year felt very homesick to the time I was seventeen. I've figured out why, I think.

My life was very organized when I was seventeen. I was secure in my own life. I had control. I had school five times a week, and I went to my horse everyday. Yes, everyday, seven times per week. I didn't see any burden with it, though many people were shocked about that fact. My body and mind was so used to that, that it didn't feel difficult at all. School was easy enough.

I had my routine! I went to school, to my horse, to my theatre, to workout, to.... well, there it ended. That was my life around that time. If you wonder why "meeting" friends isn't on the list, it was very rare that I was invitet to someone (once per 6 months?) and I invited friends from my upper secondary school like four times in three years :')

But because I was independent on my own terms, and had no friends to worry about. The series Under the Dome came from TV, and I gamed Alice: Madness returns, watched Attack on Titan and fangirled it and was hella lot on Tumblr. My life was in my head. My fantasy spurred.


I loved that time period of my life. Because I was safe.

And now I miss it. Don't misinterpret me, I love my life now too, but there was something magical with "having a boring life" as a 17 year old.

My life was in my head.


(also, it took me four days to write this xd. is this was they call writers block?)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar