No Story Lives Forever

No Story Lives Forever
Broken

lördag 9 februari 2019

Makeup through the years (Part 1)

After bending forward and backward I'm finally here. It's been such a hectic week. Man.

I will open up this fashion thing a lil bit more in this post. Let's start with when I was eleven-twelve.

Puberty has started. Suddenly looking good started to matter. I saw how my classmates started to buy different clothes, different bags, they cut their hair. I wanted to look good too, but I didn't know how. I was bad at shopping, I didn't know anything about clothes.

But one day I was in a now closed shop called Seppälä (rip) and found two items. One beanie with army print and skulls on it, and a black top with white skulls. I bought them.

All of a sudden I got attention from my classmates. They started to whisper around me. "She thinks she's sooo cool with her skulls". But in that moment, when I bought the black top and the beanie, I found home.

Clothes started slowly to matter to me. But I didn't do any makeup or doing anything to my hair.

I cut my hair in seventh grade, cut a side fringe, like the Scene Queens had. I coloured my hair black and white, in a raccoon style (it looked really good tbh).

And I started doing makeup. I had ZERO knowledge about make up. I didn't understand all the foundation and concealer crap, so I skipped that. I didn't need any concealer anyways, bc my skin was perfect. I do not exaggarate at all, my skin was like a doll's. No one did their eye brows in late 2000s, so skip, but it didn't matter, my eye brows are naturally nice (to this day have I never plucked them).

I just smashed black on my eyes. A lot of black, all around the eye, mostly on my waterlines. And this got attention. I wanted attention. I wanted people to know how dark I can be.

I wore only black and grey for some months. Only black around the eyes. Fingerless gloves with skulls on.

I started later to use glittery eyeshadow in my everyday look. That was such a nice look seriously. Nice, black eyeliner and glitter around it, damn, it looked gorgeous. Too bad I broke the eye shadow 2010.

Liquid eyeliner made its debute in 2010, and has since been my go-to makeup. My eyeliner grew long wings in 2013-ish, and now winged eyeliner is my everyday makeup. I started to fill in my brows in 2013.

I bought eyeshadow again in 2015, and has since used that palette a lot. Black and brown.


This was a small insight in my makeup history, and I guess there's more fashion related posts coming up in February.



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar