No Story Lives Forever

No Story Lives Forever
Broken

tisdag 12 februari 2019

Theatre ramblings

Hi, it's me again.

The last post was about my character babies, and all my life, I've been the mother of these characters. Every decision in their beings have been made by me. Yes, also through other people's feedback (theatre productions for example) but they've always been mine, and no one has trespassed on my ownership.

Until now.


I will now leave my baby (or, well, babies, but my main character is the current baby) to an actor and my director.

They will take care of her.

I'm not scared.

My director knows me really well, we've worked together for soon five years. He calls me a "gothic writer", that says a lot. He knows ME for the one I am. He knows my characters really well too, so I completely give him my trust that'll he treat my babies as I imagine them in my head.

If we get the actress we want, I know that actress will make a fantastic job. I've seen her before, and I know she'd be amazing. Cross your fingers that she'll accept the job.

It's sometimes hard to accept compliment from others. But I've now heard like four times how my director, who has 42 years exprecience in the theatre field from three different countries, praise my play and calls it "terrific", maybe I just have to accept that I'm good at writing and I have great characters.

My babies.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar