No Story Lives Forever

No Story Lives Forever
Broken

fredag 22 mars 2019

A lucid dream

The headline is lying, this was no actual lucid dream, but I dream I woke up like from a gunshot and it had felt so real.

I dreamt about my students. The Abis, the ones that are, as I'm writing this, sitting in the big hall in the school, writing the second great exam of the subject I'm teaching.

I bet they're nervous. I dream about some of them

It was chaos , and I was loosing grip of reality in my dream. I held a lesson for them, the final lesson before the great test. I kicked some of them out, but others came to me and gave me a hug. One of my "favourite" students hugged me. He was so happy for the points he got from the first part of the exam (this is true btw).

And this dream made me realise that I will miss them.

I don't know them well, I've had them for 1-2 courses, so not much, but 2 courses are enough. I got to know them, how they react, what they're aiming for, and through their texts I've got to read about divorces, about one of the students almost dying at a young age, about being homosexual, lot's of really sensitive subjects. Those secrets are treasured by me. I feel priviligded that they chose to share this all with me, their teacher they've known for like seven weeks.

I will miss them.

This made me realise that I love working with teenagers, atleast the 17/18-years old. Other people think teenagers are so horrible, and "I could never be a teacher" bla bla bla, but they just doesn't have The Touch. You need to have a certain touch to deal with teenagers, even when they're moody. Humour for example.

Unlike the dream, I have control over the little devils. "Devils". They're wonderful.

Hopefully they manage their exam wonderfully. Fingers crossed.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar