No Story Lives Forever

No Story Lives Forever
Broken

lördag 6 juli 2019

Trigger warnings

Soo I finished the brutal fanfiction, read the first chapter of the sequel which seems to be even more murderous than the first story, but that doesn't matter at all. Now all I have to do is aggressively wait for the next chapter for the sequel, but that'll probably take a month or so, because this fanfic is equal to a whole novel/book, so it's not something you scramble together in a week.

I was thinking about trigger warnings and how different social media handle images or descriptions "that potentially are encouraging self harm and suicide". Instragram and Facebook delete them immediately if they get even one single report.

It happened to an artist on IG I follow, where she drew a series and in one panel the main character carved a figure into his palm and it bleed. She was not allowed to keep the picture on IG. It was art, for fucks sake! But it was "encouraging self harm" according to IG.

In a group I'm in on Facebook a woman was sad that her newest profile picture was constantly deleted because she had old self harm scars on her arms. Why does scarred skin have to be censored? After all, it becomes your identity and now your identity is getting removed because of OLD scars?

A story like Hoshigaki (the name of the fanfic) and Eight (the sequel) would never ever be accepted on pages like these. Luckily we have other sites for people like me, sites where gore IS accepted and not deleted. There's barely any trigger warnings.

For Hoshigaki, there was only one trigger warning and that was animal abuse. Because animal abuse is on a whole different level compared to abusing humans. I don't like reading animal abuse, but for the sake of a story, I will.

Ääh, I don't know what I wanted to say with this. 

That I'm happy that gory stories and pictures can be consumed and enjoyed on some sites, where many other social media won't let it happen.

(and I'm eagerly waiting to know what happens to my trio in Eight. One who breaks his own bowns to practise healing, another one who trains her body to the limits of passing out, and the third one who rips his own skin to write seals in blood on the walls).

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar