No Story Lives Forever

No Story Lives Forever
Broken

onsdag 12 juni 2019

The *~aesthetics~*

Was it last year or 2017 that everyone (literally everyone) was talking about *~aesthetics~* all the time? Or was it even older than 2017?

Earlier today I figured out I would do an aesthetic-related post, where I talk about the aestethic I personally love.

Let's start early, when I even started to sense aesthetics. 13 years old.

When I was 13-14 I had a very significant gothic sensed mind and the aestethic that followed.

I was obsessed with victorian gothic fashion, and gothic lolita fashion for a moment, and the aesthetic of black mixed with red/purple/blue, and ruffles, laces, the kinda doll related fashion.

This is an outfit 13-year old me would die to wear. This was what I was aiming for, but you know, when you're 13 you can't really do much to change your clothing to this expensive style. But I dreamed. Today I wouldn't want to wear this, but I still like the tone of it.


The Tim Burton- aesthetics 

Yes, I know Tim Burton is a racist prick, but his movies and tone in movies kinda goes hand in hand with the gothic aestethics.

Bildresultat för edward scissorhands aesthetic

Tim Burton is the director of many movies, and most of them are of gothic themes. Nightmare before Christmas is a prime example, but Edward Scissorhands is a lovely, older movie (1990). I believe many finds the gothic fashion through his movies, but I found his movies through my interest in goth because it was more or less mandatory to love his movies if you were goth.

Now, his movies carried the aestethics of goth in them. You know what I mean if you watch some of his older movies.


The Emilie Autumn - aesthetics

 Bildresultat för emilie autumn
Emilie Autumn was an artist, singer and songwriter. She's not dead, but she's not doing any of that stuff anymore, sadly.

EA was one of my biggest idols when I was 13/14. She made music that were, how do I even describe them, victorian industrial gothic. Now, there's alot of controversy surrounding her, that her own history is a lie, that she's a great liar etc, but the story she told, and the one teenager me believed was that she was bipolar, and after having an abortion (forced by her then partner) she collapsed and lived in a mental hospital for a while. Or asylum, as we can also call it. After she was released she started doing music. But who knows, maybe it's a lie.

Many of her songs are about women living in mental institutions, many of them by wrong causes. She's inspired by late 1800s asylums where women where locked inside because of  hysteria and other illnesses that by today doesn't exist anymore. If I remember correctly one of her songs is about a women getting her clitoris removed without consent because that would "cure" her from her illness. So yeah, the songs were not happy, but soo good! And yes, this was what 14-year old me would also listen to :D

Me and my friend, who also listened to EA, made our doll-suicide-dance (age 14) to one of her songs, that tells about a woman being murdered by her love. 

----

This concludes the aesthetic I lived by when I was 13-14 y old. If I don't have anything more urgent to write about (like achievemt anxiety loool) then I will maybe continue with aesthetics when being 15-> year old.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar