No Story Lives Forever

No Story Lives Forever
Broken

söndag 9 juni 2019

Two failed plays

So this is kind of a continuation of the post where I shared some synopsises of my finished plays, but there's no such thing as a straight road without obstacles. I have to plays on which I've put lots of energy in, but both of them failed. They're not finished, and I won't finish them.

1. I am Evil.

A play I tried to write in English, mostly as part of the English course one must take in university, but my director read through my scenes, and gave me feedback, and I even performed at a theatre event with this script, but I never finished it because deep down I knew it would never ever work for the stage.

The play was very violent, as arms got chopped off, one character engraved her name into her arm with a knife and so forth, and I had created a universe too complex to ever fit on a stage. And the English was a problem too. Even if I'm fluent in English I'm no native and not free of mistakes. So I realized that I wasn't fit for writing such long works in English.

It was about a certain group of people that where less worth and the children got taken away and sold as slaves. The name "I am Evil" come from the common "fact" that all the children of this group were evil.


2. Unnamed play

This is a play that never even got a name.

It takes place in Iceland, year 800, during the viking age. Our main charcter is the servant and best friend of the next lord in their village, and the next lord is getting a wife (i.e a girl stolen from the father's pillage raids). The girl turns out to be a master of manipulating and she had a dark past I never figured out what is was to be. I wanted to make her into a witch, but never wrote long enough for the relevation scene. At the same time was our next lord's mum schizofrenic, but no one knew anything 'bout illnesses like that so everyone thought she was possessed or cursed.

It did, just like the last one, turn out too great for a stage, and I didn't, in the end, really know how the story would end, so I just ditched it.





Well, it really seems like I've got wild imagination, when reading the synopsises xD

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar