No Story Lives Forever

No Story Lives Forever
Broken

måndag 23 september 2019

Publishing on the internet

For the first time since I was 13, I've posted fiction on the internet.

When I was 13 (or 14), I posted a couple fanfictions, written in horrible English, but with a thrilling premisse. People actually read it, and commented on the piece, even if the English was barely holding up.

But I wrote myself into a grave and had to abandon the story because I couldn't figure out a way to end it, and even if the fanfic is still out there, I won't revisit whatever abomination 13-y o me wrote. Since I've since then become embarrassed by that I've not published anything fictional on the internet.

A) because origianl fiction may be stolen and that's not fun
B) you don't want to give away your precious ideas


But now, since I've read so many wonderful fanfics over this summer I had to give in and write my own. I just finished it on Saturday, and published the first chapter yesterday. I was very nervous, because even if I polished the English and checked everything and wrote as good as I possibly can, I though people wouldn't like it. But I wanted to challenge myself.

During the night, I got two comments! Wow, two! I though I'd get none. And 10 people liked it. Amazing. And the best thing was that the comments were incredibly supportive, and one of them complimented my writing (and English). I got so happy. You may think two comments and 10 people liking it is a small number, but this is the first time I've published anything in ten years on the internet, and in a language that's not my first, so I'm actually proud.

Hopefully the support keeps coming when I publish the other chapters.

The story is a fanfic of the anime Naruto that I've been watching this past summer, so people not knowing the story of that anime won't sadly get what my own story is about. But I'm happy that the poeple who do like my fanfic so far.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar