No Story Lives Forever

No Story Lives Forever
Broken

onsdag 4 september 2019

The third language

.... is English!

This summer I've been completely drenched in English. I've read so much in English this summer that it's almost ridiculous.

So many fanfictions, all in English (and I will fight you if you tell me it's not literature, because it is!)

The published book I currently read is also in English.

My internet world is mostly in English.

I write here in English.

I'm currently writing a short story (*cough cough fanfic cough cough*) in English, and as of now it's about 6000 words long and my goal is to make it 15000 words long.

So yeah, I'm an user of this language.

I remember as a child, when we learned English the first time at the age of 10, and we studied the "ing-form" (as in writing, drawing etc) and I'm staring at the chalkboard wondering where have I learned this before because I know this and that's from videogrames we played as kids and you were learning English before even realizing it.

I was one of the best English speakers in my classes, and that wasn't because my grammar and stuff was better than anyone else's, but because I spoke. I had the courage to speak this language, and because of me not being scared of performing in the class, I did quite funny presentations too. It boosted my selfconfidence and it was a free ticket to good scores.

In gymnasiet I found a friend who was better at English than I was, and after accepting that I couldn't be the best one, it was okay. I attended a course in England and learned to talk way better English and I got the British accent from that trip.

I'm just basically happy that I feel so secure using English, even if I make shitty mistakes every now and then.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar