No Story Lives Forever

No Story Lives Forever
Broken

tisdag 6 augusti 2019

How to party hard in Germany

We arrived at Wacken after a travel from Malmö that was about to take a lil bit over 5 hours, but we didn't think we'd have to queue for 4,5 h.

When we had the tent up it was pitch black because we're spoiled Finns who didn't take into consideration that the German summers do not include neverending sun.

Everyone was drunk as fuck as we came to the festival and there were so many lights, sounds and PEOPLE that my friend cried and I laughed. The Germans do know how to party in the tents, I mean, they had built MANSIONS out of tents, and brought with them better sound systems than a movie theatre has that were powered by diesel generators, it was soo crazy! So you heard TAKATAKATAKATAKA from all directions. Luckily I'm not stupid and protected my ears and hearing so no tinnitus in these ears.

After a good nights of sleep in our tent we queued for three hours to buy festival t-shirt and one of us got sunstroke lol.

The first day was amazing, so many nice people, so much music. And I saw Sabaton. Fucking hell, I love Sabaton so much! If you'r interested in war history, give them a listen, as they write songs about wars, mostly I and II world war.

Anyways, the second day our feet hurt from the day before, but we ate the best mozzarella bread ever so we ignored our pain. I saw Within Temptation and Demons and Wizards, and Eluveitie, but a thunder storm came and Germans are afraid of thunder storms because some time before many had been injured (or died) during a festival when lightning struck so we had to go back to our tent that was 2km from the festival (bc so many people camping, there was square miles of tents, and we were in the very far back) and then back and ow - the feet!

Crowdsurfing is forbidden in Finland, not in Germany. People crowdsurfed so much and it was so intense and funny and scary at the same time, but it brought the whole audience together and there was so much love in there and love for music and for other metalheads!

The last day we were all so exhausted from the standing and jumping and walking. I didn't even do my makeup (few other women did actually, we were all nasty together) and even if I showered the day before one smelled of sweat.

Yeah, sweat. The festival consisted of 65% men ish (like 50 000) and men smell when they sweat, but it felt funny that nature has a part in this and we're all nasty but we don't care because music is more important (I probably ate dirt and other people's piss when eating from the ground because men like to pee wherever they can shove their dicks so)

After Delain and Powerwolf the final day I was so ready to die. Being in a festival with so many people and so much loud sound makes you tired and out tent was wet and we were a bit miserable. And the Germans are very good at packing down a festival. By the time we awoke at 8:30 a good third of all the campers had left. They left straight after the last concert! Craycray, I say.

I have no regrets! Being at Wacken was really the coolest and craziest thing I've ever done! I will remember this week with love as long as I can.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar